I guess I should have read the help section before ordering through the website.  If I wanted the poor care and damaged product that is typical of Amazon when they deliver books, I would have gone through them for the free 2 day shipping instead of waiting a week to see that it came through Amazon anyway.  You should probably make that clear on the order page, by the way.  I was *incredibly* disappointed to see that there was absolutely no value in ordering directly from you guys.  In spite of Amazon's signature crunched corners and binding damage, it looks like it was originally a well made book, and I love well made books.  I hope that I'm at least not disappointed in the content.

post-32155-0-38653600-1485972487_thumb.png

I would take the excellent content over form :-)

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

This is probably something you should discuss with Amazon (as well as here) since they need to know their shipping container for the book is inadequate to protect it from shipping damage.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

This is probably something you should discuss with Amazon (as well as here) since they need to know their shipping container for the book is inadequate to protect it from shipping damage.

... jep.

those 'shipping containers' are somewhat... cheap? poor? silly? got my workbook too yesterday, and although it wasnt damaged, the pages are not that plain as they supposed to be - due to temporary local humidity it seems and due to the fact that there wasnt even any foliation around...

but what astonished me too was the fact that it came through amazon, as i ordered 'direcly' from serif.

but the book itself is great as well as the content. lets see how long it lasts in use. only thing i dont like that much is the somewhat glossy paper.