You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am inclined to think that this is a bug.  I am retouching an old photo.  One trick is to add a filter layer to produce a blurred layer.  As per the instructions I need to invert this layer so I can paint the parts that I want to come out sharp and leaving the rest blurred.

I am no longer able to produce a layer with the blurred image.  When I add the layer, it goes underneath the pixel copy, but moving  the radius slide it does not produce any blur at all.

I noticed also that if I delete the filter layer an add a new adjustment layer, say, to correct the exposure, the slide does not produce any change, no matter how far I go.

This is a brand new dell computer with a photo monitor, plenty of memory and disk space.

I am working in Photo Persona.

Please, help!

This is a reply to myself.  After re-installing Photo in my brand new computer where I had the problem described above, I try the same file to not avail.  I got the same thing.

What I did was to export the same file to a TIFF file, open it in a new document and, voilá, it worked.  My conclusion is that somehow the file got corrupted preventing Photo from doing its magic.

I left the corrupted file intact in case the developers want to take a look.  I encourage the community to help this guys and Affinity anyway we can. They have done a phenomenal job emulating Photoshop which has been in the market for many, many years. I have found several nasty bugs, but I am willing to work with them to make this project succeed.