You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

CRASH: Photo 1.5.0.42 Font Dropdown MUCH quicker, but several crashes

The dropdown populates much more quickly than before, and once the previews are generated, moving through teh list is greatly improved.

However, I've come across two separate issues:

1. Font selection causes crash.

2. Unexplained application exit without error message after scrolling through, generating previews for a couple of minutes. I have 4100 font files or thereabouts,

Thanks

Richard

• Staff

Hi,

Are you using the font list in the Character Page, or the one on the context bar? We identified a problem with the Character Page shortly after the latest build which is causing crashes and this could be confusing the issue. I'm thinking mainly of Point 1 here. The problem will be fixed in the next update by the way.

Also, more in respect to Point 2, do you think there's any chance your crash might be related to a particular font? As I see it there should be no difference between previewing 400 fonts and previewing 4000 fonts unless either we have a specific problem with one of those 4000 fonts, or, and this is possible obviously, we are running out of some resource - memory, handles etc while generating the previews.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.