You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo - edit in option or export to

Ex: I have all my photos saved in Lightroom and lightroom allows me to export the photo into Affinity photo and continue my edit, once I finish with the edit in Affinity photo I would like to import it directly back into lightroom, without having to export it and then import again into lightroom. 

When will this be possible?

Thank you,

Mircea 

• Staff

Hi Mircea,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is already possible. Just set Lightroom preferences to use Affinity Photo as an external editor and choose the format you want to use. When the image is then sent to Affinity you only have to click Save to send it back to Lightroom. Affinity Photo 1.5 (which will be out soon for Mac) includes some additions/changes to improve this workflow so it's better in this regard than version 1.4.3 (if you are using a Mac).

Hi Mircea,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is already possible. Just set Lightroom preferences to use Affinity Photo as an external editor and choose the format you want to use. When the image is then sent to Affinity you only have to click Save to send it back to Lightroom. Affinity Photo 1.5 (which will be out soon for Mac) includes some additions/changes to improve this workflow so it's better in this regard than version 1.4.3 (if you are using a Mac).

There have been several of us asking for this in various posts in the past couple of weeks.   Because it does not behave in the manner in which you suggest. 

I just double checked it before commenting here.  Clicking 'Save' in AP after it being sent there through LR ('Edit In' > 'Affinity Photo') takes me to my last directory I was in previously in AP (on another project) and *not* to the original directory in that the TIFF is located (my actual LR catalog directory).    Photoshop elements functions in the manner you suggest AP should function.   But AP does not function in this manner currently, yet it should.

Besides, it wants to save an 'afphoto' file and doesn't even give the option to resave as TIFF (unless I chose 'Save As' instead, but that also doesn't direct me back to the original directory).  So the way your software works is doubly wrong at the moment.  :unsure:

• 5 months later...