You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image brushes in designer

I want to create a border to a menu card with the chain image. It works perfectly other than I wish to constrain it to straight lines along the margins with 90 degree turns at the corners. I haven't yet worked out how to do this as it seems to be freeform and the alt, shift, control keys do not seem to keep it to the 90% angles. Or am I doing something wrong.

At the moment the only was I can see to do it, is to use the node tool and amend each link - a long annoying job.

Thanks

CRG

Just do a rectangle and double click that brush style ?

Indeed, I'd do that to get equal distribution and all, then just delete to sides of the rectangle, clone and mirror later that hard tweaked corner, paste it over the other for corners, so you only work one time.

Indeed, I'd just export to AP at a high resolution and just mount the thing there with pixels, easier.

shift click with pen tool does 90º corners, it constraints to vertical and horizontal..., too.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.