I have downloaded the freebies that were supplied with affinity designer but seem unable to unzip them and load them to affinity designer.

I have Windows 10 and WinZip Pro.

Can you please help.

Les Lewis

Welcome to the forum leslewis :)

Do you get any messages when trying to unzip the files? Perhaps they didn't completely download - is it possible to try again? The link can be found in your Affinity Order Confirmation email.

I have also downloaded and unzipped the freebie files. There were no further instructions. I removed the downloads and downloaded them again from the website. All three freebies downloaded completely again. Still no joy. Clicking on the folder simply produces a list of contents and no exec. file. Right clicking produces a list of options none of which allow me to link the files to affinity or turn them into workable applications.

As I haven't had to unzip downloaded files in ages without the next instructions appearing automatically, I'm at a loss what to do next.

If you browse or extract the ZIP files you In the grade-ui-kit.zip file there's a QuickStart_Guide.pdf that explains how to install it. In the the-box-set.zip files there's an Instructions.pdf file that also explains how to install it. The following video explains how to install DAUB brushes into Affinity Designer: https://player.vimeo.com/video/149652695

Hope that helps!

Have you tried using the Explorer to extract the zip? This is the correct procedure: "Windows + E" open File Explorer > find zip file > right click, select "Extract All" > "Browse", select the save location > select "Show extracted files when finished" > Click Extract > Finish.

On 3/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, susangreen said:

Have you tried using the Explorer to extract zip? This is the correct procedure: "Windows + E" open File Explorer > find zip file > right click, select "Extract All" > "Browse", select the save location > select "Show extracted files when finished" > Click Extract > Finish.

Oh, you can also extract the zip using "properties".