You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop with Dimensions + Resizing

I downloaded the Affinity Photo beta and just to see what it can do for me in this particular project and while it does offer absolute dimensions without resizing, I'm realizing that also being able to resize it with those dimensions should also be added...as in a checkbox that says "crop and resize."   Thus, when I crop with dimensions, I can also have it resize the item affected to adjust size automatically.

Here's what I'm after.  I have a photo and I want it to be 129px by 194px, but the photo is of a different size and aspect.  So, I go to crop, tell it I want a 129px by 194px crop, but the subject of the photo is still just out of range of that size.  So if I then could check "crop and resize," I would expect the crop box to keep it's 129 by 194 aspect ratio, but allow me to size it up to encompass the whole subject of the photo I'm after.  Then it would crop the photo and adjust it to fit the subject in question.

I realize that there could be many cases where this just simply wouldn't work, but could work very well for a photo of a person who has a lot of background imagery that just isn't important.  If the box ends up cropping outside the photo, then the crop could simply add in background to make the thing fit.  That might also be another checkbox or perhaps a prompt, "The image cannot be cropped and resized.  Would you like to add background to fit?"  If yes, then let the user choose the background color, use an image or to make it transparent.  If not, then they simply need to figure out another path ahead.

Thoughts?

Crop tool should have "crop to size" mode (such as in PS). As crop tool in AP is quite flexible you could easily also crop to size and include area outside original photo and have transparent area which can be content aware filled.