You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I add a Pure White Border to any image I'm working on and… is it better to add it at the start or at the end.  I've started do cut out my own mount cards and by adding a border it will not only give me more space to play with but also go a long way to help prove that nothing in the image is "Blown Out" (as club competition judges are apt to claim)

Hi.

You can use the crop tool.

Stretch it outside the picture to the size you want and press enter.

You will now have a checkered frame around the picture.

Use the rectangular tool with white colour to cover the work. 

Put the white layer below the picture. Use the move tool with snapping turned on so the picture is aligned with the frame.

There will be a red and green line showing when they are in the right position.

(If you want to prove that nothing is blown out, just check the histogram).

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Hey so we still haven't found a way to keep camera club members like me happy with a simple way to add a (e.g.) 5px white or black'n'white line around 1400px by 1050px projected images?

In PS all I do is set up an action and select/stroke whatever colour I choose and whatever px I like.  Simples.

At the moment I am using Affinity a bit like a Plugin - only of course as a stand alone... which takes me to the other suggestion that Affinity enables all those Topaz/Nik et al to add as Plug-ins to Affinity.