You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP] A few features from Photoshop

1. ability to scale from a scale center (center of transform)  I's it really so hard to do ?   

2.  linked embedded files.   So we wouldn't push "replace document"  any time the source file was updated.    Do it as a single command for every embedded files . Kind of re-embed all the embedded files.   I feel a bit tiresome do it manually for every one separately.

4.  Please do a kind of savable layers compositions  in export persona   having such compositions remembering same kind of compositions within embedded files.   ie. what layer is on and off within embedded files,  contrary to Photoshop.

Maybe a kind of tags for all layers/objects with option to show things only with specific tag.   

• Staff

Hi kirk,

Which OS/app are you using?

1. Not sure what you mean here. Pressing ctrl lets you scale and object/layer from center (on Windows). It this what you are looking for?

2. Linked files will come with Publisher and eventually ported back to the rest of the suite.

4. Have you tried the Snapshots feature (menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Snapshots)

1. I meant scaling from a center of transforms placed in a certain random position.  Not corners  only.    Like it works currently with rotation.  

The feature was already discussed many times actually  and  somebody  from Staff promised it.   Yet It never showed up.         It's very basic thing that should be in every image editing soft imo.  I could name a few  : Photoshop , Xara,  Fusion, Photoline. Usually it works only with numerical input .   So when you change value in "height" or "width"  fields  the soft would respect center of transforms current position.     Do it same way please if it's easier.       

4, I have , but it's not a replacement.  It does what it says: Snapshots in time.   Once I edit  document further  those snapshots are instantly  outdated. Besides they don't respect embedded document states. 

I need exactly   compositions,  based on layers visibility and live effects through the whole stack ,within embedded docs too. The later is not possible in Photoshop and you would have a room to overtop it.    

Xara  does it pretty cool too,  by means of inheritable "name" tags.    So it super easy to switch the document showing  only objects/layers with a certain tag.