You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why do my shadow images are saved separately? (Adobe Illustrator)

Hello,

I just saved my work to svg. format. Suddenly, I notice that the shadow from hand images that I've created using drop shadow effect are saved separately in PNG. format.

post-36351-0-50090900-1473756981_thumb.png

I get confused what is that things so I try to delete it all. But then my saved images will be like this..

post-36351-0-05325600-1473757146_thumb.png

Do you notice that 'x' dot? The shadow disappear. Could it be my work step just not right? I get this hand downloaded from some free vector images website. I change the colour and add simple stroke and drop some shadow outside. Finally, I click expand appearance because I want the stroke to follow scaling together with that hand image (while scaling).

So how do I remove that 'x' dot and save the image normally (together with the shadow, not in separate way)?

post-36351-0-50090900-1473756981_thumb.png

post-36351-0-05325600-1473757146_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi FatinBunny,

As this is in Adobe illustrator we're limited on the support, but I would check on the export that "images" are Preserved or Embedded, this should then result in having just the one .SVG file.

Hope this helps

L