You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bucket fill , opacity & flow?

Hello,

Recently was asked to convert areas on a map to different colours with the print on the original still visible.

Selected the area-no problems, selected the new colour and sensitivity - no problem. Set the flow rate to 100% and opacity to 20%. Dragged the paint can over the selected area and totally covered it at 100% opacity??

Tried 2 0r 3 different methods to no avail.

What is the correct method?

Thank you.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• Staff

Hi Sharkey,

Sorry i'm a tad confused about which tool you are using, are you using a brush tool to achieve this (you mention setting the flow rate?).

It depends on the type of colouring you are doing, but I personally would just make a selection with the freehand selection tool on a new layer, add a colour to it and change the opacity of that layer.

Whilst looking into this I did notice a slight oddity with setting the opacity via the colour tab and applying that colour to a pixel layer that already contains pixel information, which I have logged, so it could be you were encountering that.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.