You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opening .dng file from within LR

When I open a .dng file from lightroom via "edit in Affinity Photo Beta" (beta 4) I get nothing but a large checkerboard display with various colors, etc (i.e. a mess). When I open this same file from within AP via the OPEN command, it opens fine. It opens fine is photoshop from lightroom too. 

I don't normally use dng files for anything but I did have some panos that I had assembled using LR 6 and I called Edit In for APB using one of those. I first told LR to pass the file as a tiff and I had no problem but when I told it to pass the file as a psd I saw what I assume you are referring to as "a mess". I tried this using all of the Color Space options and they all exhibited the same issue. However, when I called AP instead of APB I did not have this problem, so it appears to be an APB issue. Something has broken in the beta.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.