You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to export objects that are placed (partially) outside the visible area ?

Hello, I'm actually using Affinity Designer 1.5 Beta 7 and I'm trying to export some draws in PSD format but I'm having problems when some objects are placed outside of the canvas I'm actually drawing on.

I'm not very good at explaining things in words, so I've prepared this short slideshow to explain my problem

1. I make a draw of a happy, smiling sun with Affinity Designer

post-1028-0-15193400-1470086395_thumb.png

2. I move the sun to the bottom of the canvas until only half of the image is visible

post-1028-0-48586000-1470086409_thumb.png

3. I export the draw as a PSD file. The only pertinent option that I can see is "Area: Whole document", that is actually greyed out and not editable.

post-1028-0-72236100-1470086649_thumb.png

4. I launch Photoshop and open the exported PSD file of the sun, when I try to move the layer that contains the sun I can only see half of it (the visible part on AD)

post-1028-0-35918800-1470086425_thumb.png

My question is: is there a way to export *everything* in their original form in a PSD file, even the objects that are actually only partially visible on the canvas ? Can I export this image in a PSD file and be able to move the image of the sun, intact, wherever I want ?

Thank you and best regards

@Cesco

Select all the objects on your page first (from the Select menu, click Select All) and then in the Export dialog choose Selection without background from the Area pop-up menu. This may result in the PSD page size being larger than intended.

However, I'm a little confused. Why not simply export when the sun is fully showing? Why move it off the page before exporting, if you wish to move it around in the PSD afterward anyway?

Thanks.

Thank you very much. The Sun was the first example that came in my mind yesterday, but sometimes I need to make some simple animations and it's handy to have the objects I want to move already placed on their starting position on the affinity file and on the PSD.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.