You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was browsing the forum outside the Beta section and noticed someone offering free AD brushes. So, I downloaded them, just to see if they would install and install they did. Then I just did some scribbles to see how they work. I saved the result, then exported it it to JPG, which worked as expected:

post-32179-0-78403700-1469900558_thumb.jpg

Then I exported to SVG, but that only showed the strokes without the brushes:

post-32179-0-81356400-1469900638_thumb.png

Brushes.svg

Brushes.afdesign

• Staff

Hi AdamStanislav,

The reason why they are exported as images/raster is because the brushes are based on a raster image which is stretched or repeated (depending on the settings) along a vector path. They are not fully vector objects. You can easily check this if you select one of the Brushes then click the menu icon on the right of the dropdown in the Brushes panel. You can see the original image/texture used on the bottom.

Hi AdamStanislav,

The reason why they are exported as images/raster is because the brushes are based on a raster image which is stretched or repeated (depending on the settings) along a vector path.

I know, but that is not what I was talking about. The problem is that they are rasterized incorrectly. In my OP I have included a .jpg of what it looks like when exported to a JPEG, which is correct; then a .png of what the SVG looks like, which is incorrect.

I only mentioned the rasters inside the SVG to point out I did export it correctly and despite it creating rasters, those rasters are wrong, or at least appear to be in every single SVG host (and I have quite a few) I have viewed the SVG in. I have even enclosed the SVG so you can see for yourself what it looks like.

FWIW, I used the for the web preset (72 dpi) when exporting.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.