You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was looking for his pricing everywhere and I cant find.

I'm using the beta for windws, and it said "Free Trial"

My question is: When the beta end, do I have to buy something? Can I keep using the one I have installed?

Once you have a first no-beta version, you will have some free option?

Thanks for answer!

The beta version will expire once the release version is available. We've been told that the price of the Windows release version will be the same as for the OS X version: about 40 GBP, or 50 USD/EUR, without any subscription fees. There should be a discount for registered users of DrawPlus X8 switching to Affinity Designer; there may also be a reduced price for the week of the launch, as there was with the OS X version.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...

Yes, you pay once and the software is yours to use forever (as it was in the good old days). Upgrades for the existing version number will be free (so if you buy version 1 you get all updates up to version 1.9).

New full versions (in the above example version 2.0) will cost extra, but there isn't information yet about if you have to purchase it for the full price or if upgrade prices will be offered since there's still some way to go before crossing that bridge. Also, these upgrades are going to be optional … if you're happy with version 1.9 and it does everything you need, you can use it as long as you find a computer than can run it.

As far as I know, the general plan was to deliver free upgrades for appx. two years and have a new major version jump after that timeframe, but these plans may change since the first Windows release will be 1.5 and not 1.0 and since not all promised free new features have been added to the Mac version yet (read: the timeframe with free upgrades may rather increase than decrease).

I personally would be happy to pay full price again every couple of years if I decided to get the newer version, but some people might think differently and ask for a small discount on bigger upgrades … but again: there is still some way to go before this question / issue needs to be approached.

New full versions (in the above example version 2.0) will cost extra, but there isn't information yet about if you have to purchase it for the full price or if upgrade prices will be offered since there's still some way to go before crossing that bridge.

From what I've read, the Mac App Store has no mechanism for handling upgrade pricing, so everyone just pays the same price. There may be different options for the Windows version, depending on how Serif decide to sell it, but I imagine there would be more than a few disgruntled Mac users if they saw Windows users getting an upgrade discount that they couldn't get!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

From what I've read, the Mac App Store has no mechanism for handling upgrade pricing, so everyone just pays the same price. There may be different options for the Windows version, depending on how Serif decide to sell it, but I imagine there would be more than a few disgruntled Mac users if they saw Windows users getting an upgrade discount that they couldn't get!

It's still some time until anyone can think about a new version, and the AppStore rules MIGHT change until then. Also there's always the option to create an app-bundle (version 1 and 2 in a package) and give people who already have one of the apps (version 1) a better price for completing the collection.

Lastly, ans some developers have already gone that way, there the option to remove Affinity from the AppStore and offer a discount when people present their original invoice.

So … even if the current status suggests "no discounts" (which, considering the 20% off sales for a full-blown professional Vector app, is not necessary in my opinion), that might change until version 2.0 comes out … it won't come out in the forseable future.