You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Real Time Zoom and Rotate on touch-enabled devices

One of the few things preventing me from actually sticking with the Windows beta is that there is no way for me to precisely zoom how much I want.

This is easily solved in the Mac version as Macs have beautifully crafted trackpads that allow smooth navigation in 2 axes. On windows, however, this can only be achieved using touchscreen devices since as far as I know, there's no general way to get raw input from Windows trackpads.

It would be nice if smooth realtime pan + zoom&rotate could be implemented on the Windows version through touch devices.

Hi, as you say, the only way to receive the touch information is from touchscreen devices (so far). We have tested with Microsoft's Surface Pro tablets and Microsoft's Surface Book, and it works wonderfully on there. Normal laptop trackpads are really just a fake mouse.

Oh, I'm using an HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 and I'm not getting the realtime pan and zoom effects as I expected it. Also I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest beta since I just downloaded the Windows Beta a while ago.

I'll try singling out why it doesn't work on my system then.

Oh, I'm using an HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 and I'm not getting the realtime pan and zoom effects as I expected it. Also I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest beta since I just downloaded the Windows Beta a while ago.

I'll try singling out why it doesn't work on my system then.

Are you referring to the pan / zoom via your touch screen, or the trackpad? To pan, you need to use 2 fingers while dragging. Zoom is the normal pinch to zoom.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.