You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedded document, some observations

I place a PDF document into a AD document with some elements, pictures and text.

The PDF contains one vectorized text line and imports fine. Text is outlines and single elements/layers. This is a logo, so no problem with that.

I now can edit the embedded PDF by either double clicking it or by clicking on the button "Edit Document" on the toolbar. Both works fine.

Right clicking on dht embedded PDF offers NOT an option to "edit the document". I think, this is missing.

Once I'm in my embedded document the top tap says <embedded>. Once I change any value in this document the top tab says <embedded> [changed] (or something similar. I'm on the german version of AD).

Now the strange behaviour begins:

• I think it would be appropriate to press CTRL+S to save the changes and update the original document. It seems to me that this is not (yet) possible.
  • In the "File" menu there is no option to "update" the currently edited embedded document.
  • I can click the "closing X" of the tab and only this brings up a dialog asking me if I want to save my changes to the embedded document. This is what I think is the proper behaviour.
  • Once I return to the document with the other embeded document (logo) I do not see the changes just made and saved.
  • Only if I e.g. change the zoom my display of the document get's updated.

One more thing: in the above szenario I had a third and completely unrelated document opened. After saving and closing the embedded document, AD does not return to the original document but to this completely unrelated document.

Can anyone reproduce this behaviour and is this a bug or not completely finished programmed feature?

D.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

You are welcome. Glad to help.

D.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.