You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The OpenType feature implemtation seems good and comprehensive.

There seems to be a bug with OldStyle Figures. 

Using my Kabala OpenType Font I can enable the OldStyle Figures, and then revert to Default sometimes, but other times the option is greyed out. 

Again, after a while, the application crashes. 

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

If only figures are selected, the options for Default/OldStyle or Default/Proportional appear, but if other text is selected, they do not.

So, for example, if I select "1st 2nd 3rd" I can select the Ordinals feature, but not OldStyle figures or Proportional figures. 

Annotation forms are also affected by the same issue. Available options become greyed out depending on the selection made.

In other applications there are no such restrictions. In Affinity Designer, the options available seem quite arbitrary. 

Typography options are disabled when they'd made no difference to the current selection. Does that explain what you are seeing?

(I'm assuming you have Show all font features checked, else they'd be hidden completely.)

No, that's not the reason. If I select "1st 2nd 3rd" then enabling Default figures would obviously make a difference to the selection. 

post-28512-0-37400200-1467289184_thumb.png post-28512-0-60074800-1467289184_thumb.png

Show all font features is not enabled, but as you can see from the screen shots, the features are still available for selection (sometimes). 

Affinity Designer just crashed again too.  I got no option to recover my changes. 

Using my Kabala OpenType Font I can enable the OldStyle Figures, and then revert to Default sometimes, but other times the option is greyed out.

I am wondering now if this is something that works on macOS but not Windows. If you can make the font available, I'll look into it. (The link I quoted goes to a BBC page, not a font download.)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.