You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cropping/exporting to a set pixel count

I'm considering joining a 'Camera Club' where they run competitions for both Print and Projected Digital images (PDI's) The rules state that the image size for both Print & PDI competitions must fit within a maximum pixel count of 1400pixels wide by 1050 pixels high and also if entering an image, which is of a  'Portrait Format' then the images must also comply, meaning that portraits can only be a maximum of 1050 pixels high.  This being the case can you tell me what is the best way to crop and comply to the rules and also what is the best way to then export the images as a jpeg (complete with the above pixel count) - Thank you Hope you can help

• Staff

Hi Digbydo,

To set the size of your document go to the top left corner of the app and click the document button. From here you want to make sure that the padlock is unlocked ( can toggle wether its locked by clicking it) and that the Units drop down is set to pixels. Then type in the size you want (1400 x 1050) and click the resize button and you should notice the document change slightly.

Now to export it as a jpeg go to File > Export then select jpeg and click the Export button. Please let me know if you have anymore issues or need more help :)

I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.