You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2 "The document appears to be corrupted"

During these past two weeks I have been on a project of mine to do environment and matte paintings using in Affinity photo instead of PS.

However last week and this week, two files that were safely saved at the end of day just to find next day that they where corrupted and gone cant open them anymore. First file last week thought it was a fluke, yet it happen again yesterday in another file. Latest file, its even more annoying as you can see the file is open, yet the window pops up saying it failed to load, its corrupted and needs to close, then after closing another dialog that reestates the same kind of thing.

This happens randomly without notice and it seriously puts the breaks on developing the workflow and proudly publishing work done only in Affinity.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
1. Which Operating System are you using?

Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    23H2
2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in?

Affinity 2.4.2
3. What drive type was the file last saved to?

Local SSD one of the files, external SSD the other

I would need a dropbox link to upload the file.

Hope this gets solved, as last problem I found was not solved, cataloged as a BUG and still to be fixed.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 092257.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 092328.png

• Staff

@edlo Please find an upload link here, once I've received them I can take a look to see if anything can be done. I can also ask the developers to take a look, however this isn't a guarantee that the files can be recovered.