You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I frequently need to add math symbols to my scientific drawings (the arrowheads btw ... :)). In practice this means creating pdf files with latex and drag-and-dropping them onto the affinity canvas. All this works great, however, Affinity decides to rigidly place my dropped images at the same point, somewhere in the middle of the left boundary of the canvas. When importing 20 or so symbols this becomes a pain, they all sit on top of each other. AI behaved different, it put the images roughly where I released the mouse button when dragging them in. After that only some additional fine tuning was necessary to get them fully in place. It's a minor point but when working with complex drawings containing tons of labels it makes a huge difference in the workflow efficiency.

Any option I am overlooking, or could there be an easy fix?

A. 

• Staff

Hi Alexal,

Your images should be dragging and dropping to the position roughly around where your mouse was. Please could you try 

dragging a picture from your desktop into the app window to see if it places that near your mouse.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Interesting thanks. I am using LaTeXiT ( generate pdf's of formula snippets. When I drag-and-drop from that app it does not paste where the mouse button was released (unlike with other drop targets such as Adobe Illustrator, or Apple Keynote where it works.) HOWEVER: if I drag to the finder to generate a file formula.pdf and drag that one into Affinity Designer it get's dropped and displayed where I released the mouse button alright. So there seems to be some animosity between these two programs. 

A.