You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey everyone,

I'm a big fan of shortcuts and well organized layers in my workflow and noticed something that could be improved – the accessibility of the Move Selection to New Layer option. Right now, it’s only available from the Move Tools context menu, which is fine, but I think it could be better, more visible and accessible.

image.thumb.png.c9b7f5f8b2eb619088545b94490a31e9.png

Wouldn't it be great if we could also find this option in the Layer options menu and therefore have the ability to set a custom shortcut for it? I feel like these changes would help make the (well, my) workflow smoother.

What do you guys think? Is this something you’d find useful too? :35_thinking:

Cheers!
Dennis

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

11 hours ago, Mr. Doodlezz said:

Right now, it’s only available from the Move Tools context menu, which is fine

For those that don't know...

You can also ALT click the "Add Layer" icon

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

ALT click the "Add Layer" icon

Thanks, in fact I didn't know! But there’s no option to directly assign a shortcut to it, is there?

However I found a workaround just now: You can set up a shortcut for the option Promote Group to Layer. So you can setup a shortcut for that (⇧+⌥+⌘+L (for Layer for example).

Now, whenever you want to create a layer containing selected items you combine ⌘+G and then ⇧+⌥+⌘+L. Includes an unnecessary intermediate step, but it works, I guess. :30_no_mouth:

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png