You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can anyone edit this file?

The file opens correct but with missing linked resources which seem to be located in onedrive.
Try to use only locally stored files and try to avoid cloud services as these can mess up files altogether and even corrupt files.

Apart from the missing resources there doesn't seem to be a problem with editing the file. I can remove and add pages, edit the text etc with no problems.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

8 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Apart from the missing resources there doesn't seem to be a problem with editing the file. I can remove and add pages, edit the text etc with no problems.

Here also, forgot to mention it.

Hmm...I did make a copy on the desktop (as well as all files in the book) to work with locally to test it before I contacted you since that was my original thought too.

I still can't edit that file (I make one change and then the file locks "read only"). I was able to make a copy of that chapter, make the edits, rename it, and now I want to add it back into the book - but now it get's stuck on "updating pages" and I have to force it to quit.

Here's my performance settings too.

Screenshot 2024-03-24 121622.jpg

update.jpg

Hi, again 👋

Well shoot, now all the issues are happening - I copied all the files to my local drive. I made a new book, added chapters from the local folder so it wouldn't be pulling from a non local file (just incase). I was able to make edits in chapters, until I couldn't - same thing - can't select anything. Also strange, opening chapters asks if I want to open recovery file, even if I've saved it. Preflight doesn't load on some files, even when it shows there are clear errors. Stuck on update pages and then I need to force quit.

I'm nervous. I am so close to the end of this project and now I can't get anything to work...yes I have saved everything in 3 different places! Is this a permissions thing? Thanks for any insights...

image.thumb.jpeg.b616b46a1af2cec3711ff4bb777ff25f.jpeg

I tried this too..  open  a new file on Affinity > Document > Add pages from files.. didn't work for me. Also cleared user data. Did I mess myself up by starting this project in OneDrive?