You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping and tolerance for vector fill in Affinity Designer

Hi have a couple of issues around my workflow for creating repeating patterns. For this I need to align objects to specific points or rotate translate objects around specific points. 

1. For vector fill tool, is there any way to set the tolerance? I can't find any in the settings and even a tiny pixel level gap results in the tool refusing to fill the shapes. Yes I can workaround this by constructing lines that go beyond and overlap but that will also mess up the repeating pattern..

2. For snapping, is there any setting where I can limit myself to snapping to only the nodes? i.e  I want to snap one line to the end of another line, but with 'Snap to object' enabled, I could snap to the line itself (which is great in some cases) rather than the end point. Is there a toggle available where I can only snap to node/vertex? 

3. My eyesight is not great as used to be, is there any settings where I can change the colours or the thickness of the helper lines that appear when I click and drag to align objects? 

This is the setting I am using for snapping 

image.png.6b5aad0a970a27a74dabf6c36f7d7b3c.png

Edited by randomvectorstudio
attached screen

• Staff

Hi Randomvectorstudio,

There is no tolerance setting for vector flood fill at this time I'm afraid. At this point in time only the node tool can snap to other nodes the snapping options for the node tool can be found on the context toolbar as opposed to the snapping menu. There is currently no way to customise the appearance of the help guides etc.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.