You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I tried Affinity Photo HDR on 10 old eclipse 2017 images and I ended up with the progress box stuck in the middle of the image after completion. I closed AP and reran the process, and then it worked. I had something similar with another attempt initially with three images where the HDR progress stuck about half way through on the first try. I was able to rerun that later getting it to complete as well. These are Nikon .NEF images. I am using the latest Affinity Photo (v2.4.0) on a Windows 11 computer.

JohnD

Affinity Photo 2_HDR_Mrg_Issue.jpg

• Staff

Hi @johnptd,

Might be a bit of a tricky one for us to replicate if it's only intermittent between app sessions, but could you send a copy of the .NEF files used and a screenshot of the HDR merge settings to see if we can get it get into an incomplete state?

If you don't wish to share them publicly I can provide a private upload link.

Thanks

Well I tried it a few times again and can't get it to fail. So I guess we just chalk it up to a ghost passing in the night. I have had a few strange things happen with v2.0. One other thing I noticed is that it does not quite align all the images perfectly. It could be a little tough to align images like this and they were a little out of focus.

JohnD

HDR_Test_v4-1.jpg