You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inverted natural scrolling behavior on iPad

From our friend @kartoffeltree

I started to use the iPad version today and realised that the alt + scrollwheel zoom is inverted. I have natural scrolling disabled on my mac and ipad, however the alt + scrollwheel zoom is inverted on the ipad compared to mac, aka alt + wheel up zooms out on the ipad, and zooms in on my mac. Enabling the natural scroll on the ipad reverts the zoom direction. Is there any way I can have natural scroll disabled and zoom in/out work as on the mac? Either way is driving me nuts, always either scrolling or zooming the wrong way 🙃

So:

• Affinity honors the (natural scrolling) system settings correctly on macOS.
  • Affinity flips the setting upside down in iPadOS, providing the exact opposite behavior as on macOS with the same settings.
  • My setup - newest macOS/iPadOS and recent hardware

---

I usually use my iPad with a external monitor when I'm with clients, suppliers, partners, or traveling, and it has been hours to days since I last used my Mac, where everything works correctly. I noticed I was struggling with zooming, but I thought it was due to the alt + scrolling maneuver. If I had used them side by side, I would have understood.

Pssst Serif, you should add this to iPad editions so we can scroll without alt - it would improve workflows dramatically when using an iPad Pro with a monitor, keyboard and mouse:

image.png.22c02e49bef59de6dd4cc80fd86a9c70.png

Experienced Quality Assurance Manager - I strive for excellence in complex professional illustrations through efficient workflows in modern applications, supporting me in achieving my and my colleagues' goals through the most achievable usability and contemporary, easy-to-use user interfaces.