You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disappearing bonding box handles

Since, over the years AD has been published, I have made many attempts to get Serif to stop bounding box handle from disappearing whilst moving a guide to snap to it. This has not happened  but many AD users have offered all sorts of workarounds including constantly changing snapping settings. I have just discovered a very simple way to get round the problem for me and the way I use AD. I'm only ever interested in the mid-points in rectangles and ellipses. What I do now is click on the 'Transform origin' button and it remains visible when moving a guide. So now I know that the guide is now located on a mid-point where I can click to insert a node. Job done.

However I would prefer that they didn't disappear in the first place!

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

click on the 'Transform origin' button and it remains visible when moving a guide.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

bounding box handle […] disappearing whilst moving a guide to snap to it

I'd assume this is "by design", and I actually like it this way.
Keep in mind that you will see a green (vertical) or red (horizontal) line when a guide snaps to the bounding box.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

As I have said many times before the guide could snap to any other near node out of view on the screen. Simply constantly change the snapping setting to avoid this is teious in the extreme!

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0