You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't type underscore or plus in text boxes with Bluetooth keyboard.

In Affinity Designer on iPad, I can't type the '+' or '_' characters using my Bluetooth keyboard. Some notes on this:

1. I *can* type '+' and '_' using an onscreen keyboard

2. I *can* type '-' and '=' using the Bluetooth keyboard, but the corresponded shifted versions don't work.

3. the + and _ characters work everywhere else on my iPad using the Bluetooth keyboard, just not in Affinity Designer. 

4. I have the same problem in Affinity Publisher

5. Sometimes the '_' character makes the text in the text box disappear (or turn white?), which makes me think that '_' is configured to do some other action in Affinity Designer. I can't figure out exactly what it's doing though.

Edited by jvns555
more info

• Staff

Hi @jvns555and Welcome to the Forums,

This is a known issue and is logged with the Developers.  The only workaround would be to use the on-screen keyboard when you need to use an underscore or plus.

I'll leave a link on the report and this thread will get a notification when it's been resolved from the Serif Info Bot.

12 hours ago, jvns555 said:

5. Sometimes the '_' character makes the text in the text box disappear (or turn white?), which makes me think that '_' is configured to do some other action in Affinity Designer. I can't figure out exactly what it's doing though.

I've not had this happen yet, but i'll keep trying.