You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App crashes so often its unusable - Windows 10 .NET update fixed

The app crashes so often now it has become unusable for work.  Any ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated otherwise I'm going to have to switch software to something that is at least usable.

Currently using publisher 2.3.1 on Windows 10.  Something is happening where certain files will start to crash repeatedly.  In some cases, I can open a file, work on it, export it, etc.  But more and more frequently a file will open, the spinning blue circle will appear next to the cursor, and the program will crash.  Once this happens to a file there is no turning back.  It's screwed.  Something has changed and it will do nothing but crash program leaving the AFPUB~LOCK~File open in whatever directory the file is stored.

It seems to have something to do with what Affinity is doing to a specific file.  In our workflow copy files from a Master Directory into a Individual Client Directory to edit them for specific clients.  I can go to the exact same file in a Client Directory and it opens and runs fine; however, the master directory file is toast.

I've updated to the latest NVIDIA studio driver 551.23.  Repeatedly cleared user data and disabled hardware acceleration.  Restarted computer.  Nothing works.

Whatever is happening also doesn't appear to generate a crash file.  The issue has happened at least a dozen times today and I can see only one crash file from today.  I've attached it, along with the affinity publisher file and the lock file that is left open when it crashes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

545bcff6-242f-4431-be2c-2fd4edbdb333.dmp RGB_3 - Chemistry Profile Low T.afpub RGB_3 - Chemistry Profile Low T.afpub~lock~

Now it's any file.  I can open and run Publisher when creating a NEW document.  Opening up an existing file will work maybe 10% of the time, but 90% it turns into a "crash" file.  It will open fine, then spinning wheel starts next to cursor, then crash.

I am dealing with the same problem. Here is what I have tried already:

- I am using the new version of AP2 (I have installed it yesterday), despite I have crashing problem with APV1 (except when I used the version 1.10.4, but it doesnt have the features that I need)

- Turned off the first three option when clicked the ctrl key during the launch,

- Hardware acceleration was already turned off

- Unistalled all problematic updates in windows 10 and 11

- I installed the last version of .NET (8.0) from the link you have provided above

- I have no idea what to do now.

Please, help! I upgraded to AP version 2 to see if I could stop the crashes, but I cannot work at all with it as well.

Please, find attached the crash reports

p.s: bare in mind when send some support that I dont understand nothing about coding or technical computer stuff. So, I appreciate to send instructions in the more clear way you can.

Thank you in advance

356307cc-ccde-42d5-bc95-78e3e9589171.dmp 7457a752-8ce7-4e7f-af4a-e109174e0bcb.dmp aaf74613-4e03-4453-ae7d-7de52a2f7d47.dmp ff6236d2-803c-4f38-be08-aa7d0d081dca.dmp 76f65e27-db91-48c6-a51a-5bc26c7616b9.dmp a62af3fe-2109-40ff-8443-454c1a8069ca.dmp a7003733-7809-463a-a538-829dba0f837b.dmp