You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How is text highlight color determined?

In publisher, if I search for a text, the found text is highlighted in grey:

image.jpeg.293c481c505334b956581a3355f6574f.jpeg

If, however, I select the text myself, it's highlighted in light blue.

image.jpeg.76043186a6b58e8e1487b4fbaffa283b.jpeg

On my Mac, the system highlight color is set to orange. So where is Publisher getting the grey and blue colors from, and how do I change them? Thanks.

Hi Philip, you cannot change the blue and grey colours. And there is a minor bug as to which colour is shown which I don't think Serif has logged yet (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/192054-highlighting-selecting-of-text-through-find-and-replace/&do=findComment&comment=1125727)

Being able to change the grey search result colour has been previously requested because as your screenshot shows, it's difficult to see narrow characters when they're highlighted in either of these colours. If a busy page has lots of fields and you have highlight fields enabled it's even worse because they pop a lot more than a search result.

I'd like to be able to change it so that search results would be shown in a bright yellow colour, at least sometimes.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Yeah, I think both colors should be able to be set by the user. For the selection color I think frankly it should take it from the system setting, at least on the Mac where I know you can set it, although if Serif wants me to set it in Settings, I'm okay with that too. And Search results definitely need to be able to be a brighter color.