You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My first designs with AD.

TreTuna

Hello everyone, I'm Tre and I thought I would post here as my introduction. I'm a marketing/logo designer who has had a decent amount of experience with the classic Adobe products. Bought AD as part of the "Best of 2015 Mac App" sale at the beginning of the year and then got Ronnie's course on Udemy to get me the basics of the workflow.

I have to say I've really been enjoying using it. Though I do miss some of my brushes and the ease of finding new brushes I'm looking for, I love the workflow of AD. So far I've used it on two logo designs with results I'm rather happy about and figured I would share as my hello to the community.

post-29816-0-38776400-1460863546_thumb.jpg

post-29816-0-60089000-1460863652_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hello TreTuna,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your comments and for sharing your work with us :) I'm glad to know you're enjoying Affinity Designer.

Nice work there, seems you are already getting the hang of it. Looking forward for more.

Regarding the brushes, I've compiled a few resources (including some brushes shared by other Affinity users) on this page. Affinity is also able to import .abr files (Photoshop brushes). Paolo Limoncelli has a great tutorial explaining how to create your own: How to create a classic Bristle Brush for Affinity Designer

If you haven't done so, take a look at the in-house video tutorials for Affinity Designer listed here. They may also help to get acquainted with the application.

Cheers.