You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour issues - sublimation, Epson ET-2720, ipad

Does anyone have experience of sublimating via Affinity Designer 2 on an iPad? I’m trying to print tiles to go with a wallpaper I designed. The wallpaper uses the same hex code colours, so they need to match. The wallpaper printed just as expected from the screen colours (but via Contrado, not printing at home). 

I have printed tiles before using this Epson ET-2720 printer, but using photoshop on a pc and I can’t remember what I did for colour settings.

I downloaded a couple of ICC profiles which should be compatible with my printer but they turn the screen pink and the palette more red, and they also sublimate too red (so it’s not correcting a printer bias). The standard srgb profile was better but not right 🤷🏻‍♀️ Apple RGB is closest but again too different against the wallpaper 

I’ve tried to adjust the colours rather than the ICC eg CMYK/RGB, more blue, more cyan, less red, 95% opacity etc etc but haven’t found the solution this way. 

We’ve done various things on the printer eg power clean, nozzle check, changed ink. It can test print the colours ok. 

image.jpeg.1fbde80dd4d0ca0f9763fe53dffe2e6f.jpegimage.jpeg.5c0136bd7358c5cb2614ae1c87fdb696.jpegimage.jpeg.b208cad743b150c7ea5b794c132d6357.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2705d0919ac631176cc5dadc9f454a90.jpeg

Thanks for replying 

@DWright we’ve tried different options including uninstalling the printer app and using a different one, reinstalling the standard Epson one, printing without any printer app (so presumably AirPrint?). We haven’t tried pdf but have printed png via photoshop on a PC and an android phone. Would pdf format be better? 

Photoshop is definitely better. It’s now slightly brown/red rather than definitely red, but still too different from the wallpaper. 

@Tamz Dezignz, LLC no that’s not our combination but we have printed tiles successfully with this combination before- same printer, ink and paper (not literally the same ink, we’ve bought new). It’s f35 jet stream paper and photo plus ink.