You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lighten an image in AP in preparation for print and lamination

I designed a menu with images in AD, I did a test, after printing and laminated it looked darker, so in AD, I was trying to open each image from Designer to AP. Is there a way to double click and opens in AP to edit ? Also, what is best way to lighten the images in AP, use the curves and lighten about 20% ?

Laminate material tents to darken photos.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Yasir,

With your project open in AD, click File > Edit In Photo, your entire project will be transferred to AP for you to continue making adjustments. Then use File > Edit in Designer to switch back. I've used Curves, Levels, Brightness & Contrast to adjust the brightness or lightness of an image, but Photo has many other tools available as well to use.

Hope this helps

Lee

That's good to know.

Is it possible to select one image and open it alone without the other images; that caused my AD to crash, but not sure if that is related to this operation I did. (My AD , was booted from a crash on my iMac. therefore I can't say for sure), I'll test it later after a safe start and report.

But I really need to know how to open one image, as it was possible in illustrator or Indesign, what you suggested is a great feature as well, BTW, my images have a clipping mask created in AD.

Thanks