You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2 Crashes after startup, reinstalled windows multiple times.

So the last month or so affinity has started to crash right after i start it up. I try everything to fix it but i cant get any work done. Its not just designer, its all 3 of them. I start the program up, i can work for maybe 5-10 seconds and then it just crashes. Im starting to think its a hardware issue, a driver update to something that makes it crash. Before this week it would crash immediately after i opened it, but now it lets me use it for a few seconds.

Reading the rules and seeing other posts i hope this is the kind of info you need. My graphics card is a RTX 3060 12gb.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 202707.png

c180aa6a-1448-4b88-ba3a-9821b68975b4.dmp 0156490c-ae3d-4213-9bc9-e4c72529e066.dmp ad543f45-6e77-482f-ad6e-d8eb3d17a56d.dmp b58b1cb5-c843-4ca9-879a-e9695f34b8e2.dmp

• Staff

Hi @KINSMARK,

Crashes like these are normally related to the graphics card drivers.  So it would be worth doing a clean install of them using the DDU uninstaller app.

Also as a quick test, if your able to click Edit>Settings>Performance and disable hardware acceleration, then restart Affinity, does it now behave any better?