You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer Studio hierarchy of Duplicate Objects

The video shows 4 layer orders in the layer studio:

1. Unselected set of objects
  2. Objects are selected
  3. Selected objects are duplicated in the layer hierarchy, in what I'm calling "relative" layer order, where each object is duplicated above its source object on the layer stack
  4. What I have to do each time I duplicate an ungrouped set of objects to maintain original order hierarchy. This workflow creates a mess in the Layer studio and I have to manually organize objects into how their previous layer structure.

In step 4, it would be great if Affinity suite had a preference to keep duplicated layers in their same "absolute" order hierarchy, so when a set of contiguous objects (in layer studio) are selected and duplicated, they are placed collectively above the entire set of originally selected contiguous objects, instead of placing duplicates objects above their source on a per layer basis.

I hope that makes sense. Please consider adding this as a Preference setting. Thanks for all you do!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

23 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Are you asking for the Layer > Insertion setting which controls where copied objects are pasted to also control where duplicated objects are pasted?

That's a brilliant way to integrate and extend the requested feature while avoiding another buried Setting, @MikeTO !

It would also be cool if a keyboard modifier was added to the related command/s (Duplicate, Paste) to invoke the Insert in Front OR Insert Behind current selection...

If the Devs can add all that logic to the suite, it would be sweet!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17