You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Brushes, crash program

I'm using Designer V2, and haven't been able to fully use my vector brushes because most of the time it causes the program to crash. I've been putting this off for a long time and just been using the pencil tool and the pen tool, but the inability to use most of the vector brushes that came with Designer is too limiting. When I first got this program, it used to crash all the time until I was told to uncheck the hardware acceleration.

Now I would like to see if there is a solution to this problem. It's too limiting to avoid using vector brushes! Why do most of them crash the program? My computer is almost new within the last couple of years with an i7 intel processor.

Device name    AllN1
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz   2.00 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID    632B50D0-4418-4B83-B198-0423E7E50F63
Product ID    00326-10000-00000-AA217
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

I apologise for the delay in replying I have looked at your crash report and unfortunately they are only showing a general rasterization error message.

Does you All in one have a discrete GPU apart from the Intel 630

Can you please try disconnecting your tablet to see if you get the same issue also please test with the renderer set to WARP

To my knowledge, my PC only has the one GPU. Wouldn't another GPU show on the drop down list of Designer? I only have 3 choices listed- Default (Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630), Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630, and Warp. I am trying the WARP setting, but so far it doesn't seem much different.

When you say try disconnecting your tablet to see if you get the same issue, what do you mean? My only other option is the mouse. I can't do much art using a mouse as a brush. When I got this program, I wasn't told that I needed any special processor in order to use all the features. My PC isn't some old slow processor. I'm getting frustrated that I can't use all the features and have to take so much time away from my artwork to fuss with finding help, as well as not having options for my creative work that should be available.

Here is a screenshot of my settings in designer. Is there anything I should adjust that might fix this problem?

@DWright

Settings.png