You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating multiple accounts/profiles

Can you explain what you're trying to accomplish?

You can certainly have multiple Windows or Mac accounts, but they will each need to provide the same Affinity ID (email for the user who purchased the license) and password when activating the license. And they will share access to the content purchased from the Affinity Store because that's associated with the license.

But each will have their own applications Settings, installed Brushes, Assets, etc. and their own choices on what purchased Content to download from the Affinity Store.

You can (I think) choose to logout of the Store account after activating the license on each account, which should prevent that user from accessing any of the purchased Store content, if you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

You're welcome.

26 minutes ago, Ja_puettmann said:

My collegue and I are sharing a Laptop and it would be good to have two seperate accounts/ profiles to seperate our projects. 

You have only one Affinity Store account as you have only one License. That is valid, as long as at most one of you is doing any commercial work. If it's all personal, or student, then both of you can use that single License. Or one of you can use it for personal or student, and one can use it for commercial work.

However, as I said, you will each need to activate the license (at least on Windows; I haven't tried it on Mac yet), and doing that will require entering the account information for the user who purchased the license (email & password).

If you're on Windows (not sure about Mac) you will each also need to install the application, at least if you use the MSIX version of the installer. Possibly you can install only once if you use the EXE version of the installer and perform the install "for all users".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1