You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Over contrast and constant crashing on photo v2 on iPad Pro 2019

My operating system is: iOS 17.0.3

Ever since switching to photo v2 I’ve had problems…

1. Software keeps changing how it perceives raw photos, one month it’ll read it as it should the next everything will be over contrasted making it very difficult to have consistent editing.. this happens at random, I made sure I had same settings as before and yet I’m getting different results now than I did a week ago!

2. Auto update deleted 90% of my images and corrupted few

3. Reset, delete and reinstall does not help at all

Previously images would import in 32Bit and now they import as 16Bit automatically and I have not changed anything 

I have  loved the app for a long time but it has been nothing but pain for a while

Edited by Ipadprouser2

Hi Lee!

I’m unable to upload the image to the Dropbox due to the content.
the screen grabs I have posted before were of the exact same image uploaded at different times,

here is a screenshot with the histogram. Nothing has been added to the images, they are both raw formats but uploaded at different timeline , affinity photo 1 has different result too! 

thank you!

IMG_0002.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

On 10/16/2023 at 9:26 PM, Ipadprouser2 said:

Auto update deleted 90% of my images and corrupted few

That’s really weird! A good reason to ensure all your files are saved to an external folder out of sandbox (i.e Home Screen). The default Affinity folder (and any content) is removed if the app is deleted, hence good to create own folder for affinity and use that instead. Hard for Devs to determine cause of current issue without access to a problematic image though 🙁. Good luck.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Oh the images corruption happened after an automatic affinity photo 2 update. Since then I’m saving my images as soon as I’m done. 

For the problematic image, I don’t think single image is the problem. That image was the only one I could show as an example as I previously saved it through affinity before it decided to read all my raw files differently again.
It’s been happening in the original app too but it sometimes fixes itself? Not sure why.