You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print > Document Layout > Model > Tiled

TinaInNH

Context

Affinity Designer 2, latest

Mac OS 13.4.1 (22F82)

Print scale=100%, Document Layout > Model > Tiled

Symptom

The image is tiled, but on each page, only the bottom half of the image is rendered. The broken rendering is visible in the Print dialog's preview thumbnails and also on the printed paper. There are huge gaps in the image.  The problem appears whether I choose letter or tabloid size.

Workaround

Use old Affinity Designer. I was able to cut and paste my AD2 layers into a newly created doc in OldAD and print from OldAD.

Odd and probably important
It seems that the file created in OldAD can be printed correctly from AD2. At least, the thumbnails in the Print dialog look correct. I didn't print that on paper.

Plea
Please fix. Matters a lot to me.

V3 using AD2.afdesign V3 using old AD.afdesign

V3 using AD2.afdesign V3 using old AD.afdesign

I don't think it's an issue with Tiled, it won't print properly at all for me. The page is 24x48 in so it has to be scaled but even with scaled to fit I'm only getting the bottom left quarter in print preview. (I added the thick border around the image for clarity while testing.

Screenshot2023-10-09at10_58_41AM.png.f749ec3062f185b1e6dc774acf752351.png

It has something to do with the document resolution. If I go to Document Setup and change DPI from 37 to 72 and choose Rescale instead of Anchor to Page and then print it will print correctly. I don't know why the resolution is having this impact but at least there's a way to make it work.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)