You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

dragging a file to desktop shortcut does not work any longer to open the file

As the topic says, dragging a file to desktop shortcut does not work any longer to open the file. I don't think it has been working since upgrading to V2.2, but it might have been. I had started using OneDrive, which really made for a file management nightmare, so I unlinked my computer from OneDrive.

Now when I drag something like a png file to the affinity photo 2 desktop shortcut icon, it just shows the dragging file cursor with the no can do circle with the line through it on the diagonal. Has anyone else seen this, or is there a fix? I did create ne shortcut icons, in case OneDrive broke them.

Screen-0000.jpg

• Staff

This only occurs when you have installed the MSIX version of Affinity Photo 2 due to these installs being sandboxed, if you reinstall using the .EXE version which you can download from your Affinity account you will be able to drag and drop your images from your local and OneDrive location and open these in Photo.

3 hours ago, DWright said:

This only occurs when you have installed the MSIX version of Affinity Photo 2 due to these installs being sandboxed, if you reinstall using the .EXE version which you can download from your Affinity account you will be able to drag and drop your images from your local and OneDrive location and open these in Photo.

Thanks for taking time to answer this. For now I reinstalled Photo 2 with the exe, as suggested, and that worked. What you said made sense, because when I had previously looked for the exe to create a new shortcut, I could not find it where I thought it should be. I remembered a different software I used that installed to the app data and how the IT people at work had hated this for some reason or another. I imagine that is where the MSIX get installed, or somewhere else that I am not aware.

If you have time to explain, can you tell me where the MSIX gets installed, and why the developers have chosen that for the default installations.