You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move Graphics with Slices ?

Hello,
I have a large document with lots of sliced graphics most of them are inside groups so it's easy to move them together as "blocks".

I need to organize and update this large document all the time, but whenever I move some of the groups that contain graphics, the slices stay in place... 

It is too much of a time consuming to move the slices manually again to match to so many graphics, and whenever I decide to re-organized it again to do this again and again...

Is there a way to move GRAHICS + SLICES together as one just like if the slices will stick to it's graphics?

I'm using the latest version of Affinity Designer 2.2.0

Thanks ahead! 🙏

make your slices from layers in the Export Persona.

ScreenShot2023-10-03at8_36_37AM.png.1d3f573dbc146bd9ff8deb3ea3a048b0.png

ScreenShot2023-10-03at8_36_50AM.png.a4a864bd42756ff589a5564542dbfe79.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 minutes ago, Alon said:

Many of my slices must be custom, so the automatic are not accurate to my goals.

When you say "custom" what does that entail? Is it the size? Is it the output format? Is it the name? ... and on and on with the questions.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

For example I have a large custom shape / multiple shapes which makes the overall size LARGER than the "box" even that it does fit inside the box that the automatic slice creates.
I must manually resize the created slice from the group, but it won't stick to the graphics when I move it... 

I hope there is a way to do this, because it's a very slow workflow when I must update a huge document and move things around all the time.

7 minutes ago, Alon said:

For example I have a large custom shape which makes the overall size LARGER than the "box" even that it does fit inside the box that the automatic slice creates.

Make an invisible size object and group it with the other stuff. I am having to just blindly stab in the dark.

ScreenShot2023-10-03at9_04.22AM@0_5x.png.0a32edaee7fc3b4b5969d28dbe773c74.png

Play around with this.

slices.afdesign

slices.afdesign