You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[bug] Sticky Middle Mouse Button for panning(beta)

arifg

this is a rare issue but when it happens I have to reopen the program. I am not sure how this is happening this time but my guesses are;

• when switching to another window and coming back
  • when going to any other panel inside affinity i.e. adjusting perspective tool
  • when doing all above by panning with your pen. ( my pen's middle button is binded to middle click)

quick specs: using windows 10, wacom one tablet, affinity photo 2.2.0.2005(beta) 

tested again so the issue is actually worse and really easy to make. also I recreated this issue with a regular mouse. steps are easy;

open blank document

press and hold MMB and move

press alt+tab to any other window

go back to affinity photo

you'll see that your mouse gets stuck at panning the view and you can't exit from this tool even you switch to any other tool, they don't also work anyways.

• Staff

I'm wondering if there may be something else interfering with your operation in this manner, this is something we do on a regular basis across many machines/OS's and would have been very apparent if this were a general issue.

Could you try uninstalling your tablet driver temporarily and re-testing?

It may be worth checking any other processes that have any control over input and closing them too.

Lee

here's another update, it seems this problem isn't related to a tablet. with any device that has "middle mouse button" you can replicate this. But I forgot to say that you have to hold MMB and alt+tab. to get out of this situation you have to scroll the mouse wheel. and for the tablet devices, the problem starts from here because, the pen doesn't have a scroll wheel so you can't get out of this situation. tried this also with the 2.2.1.2052 version

I know this bug, that happened to me a few times too. I think it happens if I open a new raw file and develop the image it will take some seconds to develop. If I press the middle mouse button while waiting the loading bar, the cursor gets stuck with the imagelayer. There was no way out of this except killing the programm inside the task manager.

"open blank document, press and hold MMB and move, press alt+tab to any other window, go back to affinity photo"

I can recreate this, but can easily escape with clicking the middle mouse button again.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:27 PM, KONVRGNZ said:

I know this bug, that happened to me a few times too. I think it happens if I open a new raw file and develop the image it will take some seconds to develop. If I press the middle mouse button while waiting the loading bar, the cursor gets stuck with the imagelayer. There was no way out of this except killing the programm inside the task manager.

"open blank document, press and hold MMB and move, press alt+tab to any other window, go back to affinity photo"

I can recreate this, but can easily escape with clicking the middle mouse button again.

for me clicking MMB again doesn't work. only scrolling works.