You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2 crashes after opening afpub file

• Staff

Hi @Stes,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble & many thanks for providing your file here!

I've been able to replicate your crashing behaviour here, though I'm somewhat unable to pin-down the exact cause of this.

Firstly I can see the INSEL logo file has a different file name in the Resource Manager, than is shown for the file in Explorer -

image.png

image.png

So I renamed this file in Explorer and replaced it within the document, such that they match. Though the file continued to crash.

Secondly, I can see that 2 of your documents are using the 'Euroscale Coated V2' colour profile, which is known to cause issues in V2.2

Therefore I opened these documents in Affinity Designer, changed the Colour Profile applied, resaved the documents under a new filename and replaced these within your file -

image.png

image.png

Unfortunately however, the file continued to crash.

Finally, with the above 2 changes made, I them Embedded all of your resources into the document. In my testing with this file, I can no longer replicate the crashing behaviour.

This isn't something I've seen occur previously in this manner, so I'm not 100% certain of the exact cause of this and will be logging this with our development team - however you should find the attached document opens and can be edited as expected, without crashing.

test_Embed.afpub

Please do let me know if this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

FYI all linked files were previously PDF's, or AI, EPS and I thought maybe that was an issue, so I changed them to Affinity Designer files. But that did not help.

Different name of the file - that problem doesn't occur on my system |Polish version of Windows|.