You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy/ cut pasting cross references does not preserve superscript from the applied style override

Intuos5

If I cut a cross reference and paste it elsewhere in my document, the style of the cross-reference no longer corresponds to the style that was set in the Cross-reference studio.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a cross reference

2. Make sure to apply a character style override with superscript.

3. Copy or cut the reference

4. Paste the reference elsewhere

5. Notice how the style override does not correspond

This is on Windows 10, it is supposed to work on Mac:

Haha, I did reply in the wrong thread as you pointed out there. Too many windows open. The reply was:

---

Thanks for the test document. The issue is that the text frame has content scaling applied. No, it shouldn't do this, but it's easily fixable.

If you link that text frame to a new one and type text until it spills over as I've done in this screenshot, you'll see that the text in the new frame is much smaller than the text in the existing frame even though they're both 9 pt. The reason for this is that at some point you dragged the bottom-right content scaling handle instead of the bottom-right size handle. The outer handle scales the content of the frame with the frame instead of just scaling the frame.

There are ways to fix this - you can reset the frame's attributes to the defaults by choosing Edit > Defaults > Revert. There is no way to see the scaling factor numerically and reset it to 100% by typing in that value. I prefer to fix it by deleting the problematic text frame and drawing a new one. That's so much easier than messing with defaults.

Screenshot2023-09-24at10_12_14AM.png.2fa5c9fd72eacaad334550b955b245de.png.3b67c7105d017fad9dcca81ac407adc9.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)