You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some brush changes not working

dmstraker

Testing brush improvements on Win10, APh 2.2:

• Shift + number key now changes flow percentage (in the same way that number key on its own adjusts opacity)

WORKS FINE

• Shift + square brackets now changes hardness in 10% increments

DOESN'T WORK (TRIED SHIFT ON BOTH SIDES)

• Number key in Paint Mixer and Smudge Brush now adjusts strength percentage

WORKS FINE

• Fill with Primary colour has now been set with a default shortcut of Alt/ + Backspace

DOESN'T WORK (OK FROM EDIT MENU)

• Fill with Secondary colour has now been set with a default shortcut of Ctrl/ + Backspace

DOESN'T WORK (OK FROM EDIT MENU)

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

A thought: If shortcuts have been changed, does 2.2 install step back? Looking at Photo/Paint Brush Tool settings, for example, there are no shortcut keys set for changing brush hardness. I've not set these myself, but have changed a number of other settings. It does highlight a potential dilemma, but maybe the install can check for user settings and put the new ones in for each change only if the user has not already set them.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• Staff

Hi @dmstraker,

I'm not seeing the issue being reported here, all of these shortcuts are set and function as expected - however before updating I had not changed my Shortcut preferences and therefore this may be the reason for the difference in experienced behaviour.

Can you please confirm for me:

• Before updating, had you manually adjusted your Shortcuts?
    if so did this include changing settings for the Paint Brush tool etc?
  • If you Save your current configuration of Shortcuts as an .afshort file, then select Reset, are these shortcuts now set as expected?
    Once Reset, you can use the Load option with your .afshort file to return the previous settings.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!