You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedded fonts not appearing

I have a problem that I haven't seen before. When trying to output the attached document, the italicized title "Senza Sordino" comes out with the wrong font (see the PDF version with [BUG] in the title).

I have attempted to embed the font, and have played around with other settings down there, but so far nothing works besides converting the fonts into curves. This appears to make the text not selectable, so it's definitely not a preferred solution.

Is there anything else I could be trying?

I am using a 2023 M2 Pro Macbook Pro running the latest macOS Sonoma Beta 7. Is this reproducible elsewhere?

20230829 Press Release Governing Board Election.afpub 20230829 Press Release Governing Board Election [BUG].pdf

How does it work with 2.1.1 on Sonoma?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, Mike Muszynski said:

This seems to not be a problem on Publisher v2.1.1 on earlier versions of macOS. I just successfully exported the PDF on macOS 12.

The same Affinity Publisher 2.1.1 and macOS 13.5 (Ventura) also export it it okay.  We're talking about the occurrence under the Governing Board section, near the top left, yes?  Beside the Editor?   (Not the one in the second bottom line on the first page, which appears to be fine in your PDF too…) 

The upper left version is set in Time New Roman Italic (while the other version is in Georgia Italic).

Previous experience with font misbehaviour would initially make me question the version in use.  What version is it?  Possibly more likely - do you have more than one version installed?  Here's what Font Book says about the sole version I have installed: 

2023-08-28_22-25-46.png.bdcfb57765e22a01c250fe1762028dfc.png

What version(s) and how many are on your Sonoma beta?  If there are multiple installs, I'd be inclined to at least temporarily delete any not at the path shown above and try your export again.  Actually, quit Publisher first, delete any surplus versions, relaunch Publisher and then try the export again.

(You definitely should not try deleting the version in /System/Library/Fonts - that should be left well alone.  But it would be … curious … if you had a newer version installed at another location.)

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

4 hours ago, GaryLearnTech said:

The same Affinity Publisher 2.1.1 and macOS 13.5 (Ventura) also export it it okay.  We're talking about the occurrence under the Governing Board section, near the top left, yes?  Beside the Editor?

Correct, this part. I am in Monterey 12.6 on my second computer, and it's exporting fine there. It's just the Sonoma beta that isn't working, so I'll see if maybe something gets fixed once the final version is out. Weird that it is only happening in TNR, but my Font Book looks the same as yours.

I'll keep an eye on it as Sonoma goes master.

• 1 month later...