You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question Regarding Affinity Apps Performance on the Most Powerful iPad Pro Model.

Hi, hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question regarding what kind of performance would I get with the Affinity 2.0 apps if I purchased an M2 iPad Pro with the maxed out 16GB RAM. Are the Affinity 2.0 apps optimized to utilize the full power of M2 and the max 16GB RAM? And please, it would be lovely if I can get the RAM size or portion that each Designer, Photo, and Puplisher occupy when started with 1 empty layer or blank canvas.

2020 iPad Pro 12.9 (4th Generation pre-M1 CPU)

iPadOS 16.2

• Staff

Hi @DR34MER,

5 hours ago, DR34MER said:

Are the Affinity 2.0 apps optimized to utilize the full power of M2 and the max 16GB RAM?

I can confirm that the Affinity V2 apps (both macOS and iPadOS) have been optimised for the 'M' processors from Apple, and are able to utilise as much memory as the system provides.

5 hours ago, DR34MER said:

And please, it would be lovely if I can get the RAM size or portion that each Designer, Photo, and Puplisher occupy when started with 1 empty layer or blank canvas.

This will depend on multiple factors, such as the physical size of the document, the colour bit depth, the number of pages in Publisher etc and therefore these aren't figures we can provide, my apologies.

I would recommend downloading the Affinity V2 iPad apps for free from the iPad App Store and trying the 30 day, no obligation trial to see if the apps suit you!

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

Hi @DR34MER,

I can confirm that the Affinity V2 apps (both macOS and iPadOS) have been optimised for the 'M' processors from Apple, and are able to utilise as much memory as the system provides.

This will depend on multiple factors, such as the physical size of the document, the colour bit depth, the number of pages in Publisher etc and therefore these aren't figures we can provide, my apologies.

I would recommend downloading the Affinity V2 iPad apps for free from the iPad App Store and trying the 30 day, no obligation trial to see if the apps suit you!

I hope this helps :)

Hi, Dan. I already bought the entire Affinity 2.0 suite on launch day for my 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 with 6GB RAM and A12Z chipset. Was asking that because I’m considering upgrading to the most powerful iPad Pro model there is which has 16GB RAM at max, or go for a MacBook Pro. One last question which isn’t related to topic I discussed but definitely related to a hardware feature. Is Apple Pencil Hover supported on 2.0 yet?

2020 iPad Pro 12.9 (4th Generation pre-M1 CPU)

iPadOS 16.2

• Staff

Thanks for confirming, I certainly understand!

30 minutes ago, DR34MER said:

Was asking that because I’m considering upgrading to the most powerful iPad Pro model there is which has 16GB RAM at max, or go for a MacBook Pro.

You may want to take the following into consideration, as this has been discussed in a few threads previously -

(this is for a 'gaming laptop' rather than a macBook, but similar considerations apply)

30 minutes ago, DR34MER said:

Is Apple Pencil Hover supported on 2.0 yet?

I can also confirm that the Affinity iPad apps will detect the Apple Pencil 'Hover' functionality :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!