You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer beta 2.2.0.1954, Windows: slices panel presets still messed up

Hi guys,

as already mentioned the slices panel presets are still not working. Switching preset produces random form output. The upper preset select and the other form controls have to be properly synchronized. This applies to both the standard tab and the selection tab.

Some of the old presets (v1.x) behave as expected. The newer ones (webp, jpeg xl) and others behave randomly.

I have to use the slices in every web project. For web development this is not a nice to have. It's a fundamental functionality like exporting PDF-X for print.

Not seeing a clear slice status is very annoying and completely unproductive. You can't select a clearly defined standard preset for new slices and have to fiddle around each time you create a new slice. In addition, if you don't see the preset name in the upper select it is not possible to delete a custom preset without a doubt.

And - this all worked fine in v1 🙄

The standard tab:

The selection tab:

By the way. For me the slices export to SVG, WebP,... is the number one reason why the Affinity apps provide an almost perfect toolset for web development. Layout pixel perfect in Publisher | Designer | Photo -> open in Designer -> create slices from any piece of your artwork -> export web ready graphics as bitmap and/or vector in multiple resolutions and sizes 👍

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3447, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.

Hi Gabe,

Don't know, where to post these old Bugs.

I'm "sorry" if I "annoy" anyone. I spent hours and days of testing and bug reporting during the last 12 Month since release v2. For good reason.

In plain language:

Either, I'm just moaning around. Or I try to help make the software better. I decided to do the latter after the first big disappointment with v2.

We, who have to work with the software every day, have little choice but to help find the bugs and describe them in a way that is as reproducible as possible. All in the hope that they will be fixed as soon as possible. Until then we have to work for hours every day with the workarounds!

So, in exchange for my time and the time and effort of many other beta testers and dedicated users, I think it's appropriate to also point out some old bugs that I think are absolutely important to fix, but don't seem worth the trouble are to be fixed with priority ?

Instead, new features are still being added instead of making version 2.x completely stable at least once. I'm talking about the basic functions here. And slices are an absolutely important and fundamental functionality for my work.

Feel free to move this post to wherever you want the seemingly irrelevant trash to go...

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3447, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.