You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I make a straight line using Shift the line always has breaks in it.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong. This worked fine in V1, and I think it was working when V2 first came out. I put a dot at the starting point and then hold shift as I put a dot at the end point. But there are always small breaks along the line unless it's really short. Sometimes the openings are so small that I have to zoom way in to find it, but it has to be done to use a flood fill.

I've tried searching this with multiple phrases, but can't find anything.

• Staff

HI @Victoria Lasher,

Could you possibly provide a screen recording demonstrating this issue? Under the assumption that you're using the Paint brush tool and using a basic round brush this has working as expected for me when using the 'continue last stroke' modifier to draw a straight line.

Screen recording guide:

Many thanks!

Hi @NathanC

This is in Photo, I don't know what the "continue last stroke" is.

It happens with both the paint brush and the pixel tool. I use the pixel tool a lot because I always have trouble with the brush tool if I want to change a color later. The pixel tool gives me a sharp edge so I get a good color change and the printing process always softens the edge a little. The number of breaks varies with the weight and length of the line and there seem to be more breaks if I have to zoom in, so the whole line isn't on the screen when I draw it. This file is 8x8 inches and I only got one break in each line. I couldn't get both in one video so I just did a screen shot of the other, but both were done the same way. I put a dot where I want the line to start then hold the shift key and dot where I want the line to end. The thinner line is the pixel tool. It wouldn't break on this, but I have had it break on a line this length multiple times, although I have been zoomed in when I did it. 

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 4.09.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 4.09.26 PM.png