You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.10.6 — Can't place something when text selected

znids

When selected artistic ore frame text object and try to place something, in Place dialog window all objects are inactive.

1. New doc

2. Type Artistic or Frame text.

3. Esc to exit from edit text mode

4. Open Place dialog window

5. Try to place something

AND this don't work in Photo 2.2 and in Beta

• Staff

Hi @znids,

If you have a text frame selected or you're actively editing the frame it is expecting a text file format (E.G .txt, .doc, .rtf) to be placed into the currently highlighted/selected frame. On Windows this is a little more obvious as file explorer indicates what type of file(s) can be selected.

However, Publisher does allow you to place an image with a text frame selected because of the Pinning/Inline feature, Photo doesn't have access to this therefore it isn't possible to place an image directly into a text frame and finder prevents these formats from being selected.

I hope this makes sense!

Thank you, @NathanC

I think when I am in editing text mode (blinking |) — it's ok that I cannot place images. But when I just select text object by move tool (V), that's look strange. Look at this case: I have many objects in my page, selected text object somewhere, and try to place image, and can't. It's maybe very disappointing.